|Date Posted||September 1, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer who is a highly motivate leader to join our team in Bellingham. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing projects for the Oil Refining, Gas Transmission or Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The candidate should have experience in designing foundations for large industrial equipment such as reciprocating compressors, turbines, and towers as well as steel design for modular packages. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple offices.
- Determines applicable code requirements and correctly applies them in the development of calculations or specifications
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and designers throughout the detail design portion of the project to coordinate overall facility interfaces within the 3D model and other deliverables
- Provides technical expertise to the organization and maintains strong client relationships.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Stay up to date and current with all changes in codes and industry standards both at state and national levels.
- Develops specifications and completes load calculations and analysis of structures or foundations resulting in an engineered sketch or output for development of Issued For Construction packages by the design team.
- Performs field conditional assessments
- Interfaces with on-site and remote cross-functional project teams.
- Assists in preparation of project schedules and estimates to define the project plan.
- 10+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry is preferred with a varied range of project examples.
- Demonstrated ability to complete structural system analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
- Complete load calculations and analysis.
- A working knowledge of typical industry codes: IBC, ASCE 7, AISC and ACI
- Strong knowledge of structural calculation software: STAAD RISA3D, LPILE
- Ability with AutoCAD is strongly preferred.
- Strong detailed design experience in steel structures and concrete foundations. A sound understanding of how to design is foundations for rotating equipment with unbalanced forces.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
- Travel may be required to commute to our clients' sites, interact with other Design Group offices, and other intermittent business needs. The combined travel required to support this role is estimated to be 15 to 30%.
- BS from an ABET accredited University with Structural concentration or MS degree in Structural Engineering required
Licenses and Certifications
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- A licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) is required
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group - provided by Dice